titikputih.

18.1.06

The Art of Masturbating

"Why did you took the theme "rain" for your project?"
"Its an early idea actually. Why rain, probably because I personally think that rain is beautiful"
"Any significant for your rain?"
"Not really. I am thinking about making simple things that is easily enjoyable. Something like an eye-candy as well as ear-candy."
"..."
"..."
"I think u need to work on your concept. Make it more.. meaningful, more substance, .."
"Do I really have to?"
"..."

*

Is it so compulsory to have a deep concept in making art?
What is this 'deep' and 'shallow' thing anyway?
What if its just an eye-candy? or ear-candy? or whatever..
Are those things NOT considered as an art form?
What if I just want to play around with sound and images?
What if I dont use big words?
Will I be considered less-intelect than others?
What if I feel tired with all those conceptual things?
What if THAT IS actually my concept?
Will I still make art?

*

If an artwork can only be enjoyed by fellow artists and other elitist circle around it, why dont we just masturbate(*) in orgy style instead?!
Has it become an industry of its own. A factory of hand-made piece for a niche market who try so hard to justify: "we are not a factory." How pretentious.


*

I got a feeling I am gonna regret (and laughing at my self) for writing this post in a near future. What a lousy title by the way.
LoL






(*)
masturbate
Pronunciation: 'mas-t&r-"bAt
To perform an act of masturbation.
To fuck your self.

masturbation
Pronunciation: "mas-t&r-'bA-sh&n
erotic stimulation especially of one's own genital organs commonly resulting in orgasm and achieved by manual or other bodily contact exclusive of sexual intercourse, by instrumental manipulation, occasionally by sexual fantasies, or by various combinations of these agencies called also onanism, self-abuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home