titikputih.

13.1.06

Project-323F

This is the car...




This is the idea...


From: stormizer@yahoo.com
To: sales@ichibanhydraulics.com
Subject: Request Information
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 19:34:58 +0800

Hi there,

I got a project for my car. it is a Mazda 323F Astina 1992. The aim is to have a decent looking sedan for urban transport. Normal height, soft suspension, etc. I want it to looks like a factory default. But.. I want it to rise the height for driving in rough terrain. I like to go for a little off-road terrain (very mild), and the current problem is.. The car is not high enough to clear small bumps and rocks --well, it is a sedan anyway (what the hell am I expecting from it).
I can't afford to have another car to fullfill my desire for a little off-road. So I was thinking that the most feasible way is to rise the height of my car with some special suspension. I've done a little research on the net and I found that air bags or hydraulics suspension will do.

Question is... (and demand)
- Which one serve my need (airbags or hydraulics or other)?
- Which product (or kit) you think best for my need?
- I want it to ride decently smooth on low and high setting.
- I want it to be able to rise my car for about 8 inches from factory default
- I want to control it from inside the car
- I dont need the car to be lower than factory default.
- I dont need the car to hop, so I guess I just need a small tank and one small pump
- I dont need it to go up fast (10 sec is ok), small pump + small tank = cheaper
- I do need it to be as cheap as possible (no need competition /
performance stuffs)

Any information will be very much appreciated. It will be better if you can
mention the price and possible overseas delivery option.

*

I sent the email to some company in the US. Some of them came out with a promising idea --some even came with a reasonable price. But most of them doesnt seemed to understand what I want. Some even not sure what kind of car a Mazda 323F is. So I gave them an image of how I want the car to be (photoshop edit).
Here's the image...




The most promising company (or shops) offering an airbag-shockbreaker system with a small air compressor, hoses, etc. The airbag system for a sedan is usually meant to lower the car (instead of making it higher). It seems that the shop that I contacted offer a solution to do this. I haven't really check how to install it nor what kind of model I will need since I haven't actually have the money to do it. Maybe later :)

*

Another thing about this idea is: tires
Of course there are mud-tires for a sedan out there. But it won't fit the concept. Mud-tires won't be comfortable for a normal street ride. Besides, it will look weird if I drive it in the street.
Carying spare tires in the trunk is out of the question since I need my trunk to carry other stuffs. So the only possible option is to have a convertible tires.
After researching on the web, I found that a snow-chain can also act as a mud-chain. It took a little space on the trunk and I can keep my normal tires on its wheel (hence, convertible). I am still not sure which kind of chain I will need since there are many interesting types of snow-chains out there. The snap-on type, the normal chain type, diamond, ladder, etc.
For now, this is my prefered chain







The 323F is a front-wheel drive. It won't be a nice car to go off-road. Hopefully with that chain and suspension it should be able to handle basic off-road nececity. Maybe I should start with a 4x4 sedan. But for now, that is the only car i can lay my hands on. Besides, that old car look pretty ;)


*

So that's about project-323F for now. I still have many wish-list to be cramped on the car. Such as Car-PC, GPS, ODB, engine-snorkel, gas-turbine assist (basically a jet engine), etc.
Not all of the idea will be done since it will take a lot of money :D I'll just research on the possibility, equipment and how-to make it happen. At least until the level of "feasible on paper".

Any comments or ideas will be appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home